- The Pathway is a 12-month positive action scheme for advocates who have the potential to become Treasury Counsel in the future – particularly those from underrepresented group, or who may not, ordinarily, see themselves as Treasury Counsel.
- It reflects a joint commitment from the CPS, AGO and Treasury Counsel team to identify the brightest and best advocates, regardless of background, and support them to seize the opportunity that appointment as Treasury Counsel brings
- The Pathway offers no guarantee of appointment as a Treasury Counsel, but will provide participants with a better understanding of the standards and skills required of Treasury Counsel, through a combination of activities including 1-to1 mentoring from one of the current Treasury Counsel team
- The allocation of places will reflect the diversity of the communities the CPS serves, with specific focus on a number of underrepresented groups
- The CPS is holding a launch event at 5:30 on Monday 4 October 2021, via MS Teams. Anyone interested should email [email protected]
- In addition to the Pathway, a recruitment campaign for Senior Treasury Counsel will also be launched towards the end of September with a closing date for applications towards the end of October. Details to follow.
- The application deadline is Monday 1 November
Full details and to apply