The Education and Training Committee seeks to provide a programme of continuing education and training to the Criminal Bar by way of a series of evening lectures (the Old Bailey lectures) symposiums and all-day Saturday events. The Committee is committed to a programme that offers practitioners with the means of earning free or inexpensive CPD points.
The membership of the Education & Training Committee is made up as follows:
- Joint Directors’ of Education & Training
- Up to ten members who are members of the Association and who have been nominated by the Directors’ of Education.
- We have expanded the committee to include an academic sub-committee who will be assisting the education committee to deliver an impressive array of events this year, they include:
- Professor Matthew Dyson, Oxford
- Professor Nicola Padfield, Cambridge
- Professor Andrew Choo, City University of London
- Professor Raymond Arthur, Northumbria
- Professor John Child, Birmingham
- Dr Abenaa Owusu-Bempah, LSE
- Dr Oriola Sallavaci, Essex
- Dr Jennifer Collins, Bristol
- Dr Ailbhe O’Loughlin, York