Wood Green Crown Court – Court 11 Operational Opening
- HMCTS London
- Crown Court Staff at Wood Green
- Crown Court and Professional Court
- Users at Wood Green Crown Court
Court 11 Operational Opening
- HMCTS has been using a range of measures to increase capacity and alleviate the pressure on courts and tribunals.
- As part of criminal court recovery, a surplus room at Wood Green Crown Court has been identified as being suitable for converting into a remote hearing court. This will free up space allowing jury enabled court rooms to list trials which in turn will have a positive impact on outstanding Crown Court case levels.
- The remote hearing court will be known as Court 11 and will list Plea and Trial Preparation Hearings via video link, case management and interlocutory hearings. Judge and Clerk will be physically present in Court 11 and Counsel on request. All other participants will be appearing in the virtual courtroom remotely. There will be an on-site public gallery which will live stream proceedings from Court 11.
- Estates and IT works have been carried out over the last few months and Court 11 will open operationally on Wednesday 6th December.
Please cascade this information to your colleagues and other interested parties, as appropriate.
If you are based at Wood Green Crown Court and have any questions, please speak to the Operations Manager Mahesh PatelView more news