Update – Common Platform (21.04.20)
Have an active CJSM Secure Email account
- To access the DCS you will need to have a live CJSM account and will either need to sign-up to CJSM Secure email or re-set the password to “liven-up” the account if you have not used it for 90 days+, either:
- To sign-up to CJSM, go to www.cjsm.net and click on the “Apply Now” button (may take up to 10 days for an account)
- If your CJSM password has expired, ask your local CJSM Administrator to reset the account password.
- If you are a Defence firm with only a single registered CJSM account, but have a number of users who need to access the DCS, you must set-up individual CJSM accounts.
Access / Registration:
Register and log on to Professional Court User Wi-fi (PCU Wifi)
- To access the DCS reliably in court you should use the Professional Court User Wifi (PCU Wifi) system. PCU Wifi is not yet available at Snaresbrook.
Using your personal CJSM email account, email [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name
- A phone/mobile number in case BT need to contact you
- An internet accessible email address, which will become your user name for PCU Wifi. This could be your business email address or another email address which you can access via 3G/4G from the courtroom on your phone, just in case you forget your PCU Wifi password and you need BT to send you a temporary password. Please do not use your CJSM email address.
Register and log on to the Crown Court Digital Case System (DCS):
- To register for the Live site type, type in your browser: https://crowncourtdcs.caselines.co.uk following the steps provided in the ‘Next Steps’ Guide.
Access to a Case Set up on DCS:
- Within 3 days of the case having been sent to the Crown Court the case will be set up on the Digital Case System (DCS) by HMCTS. The defence community will not be able to view case material on all cases uploaded to DCS, the process is as follows:
- The court will ‘invite’ the defence solicitors using the firm’s CJSM email address e.g. tuckers.co.uk.cjsm.net. If after 3 days of the case being sent you find that you do not have access on DCS, contact the court using: [email protected]
- Once invited to have access to the case the defence solicitors will be responsible for inviting instructed counsel and chambers into the case. The defence solicitors will choose ‘people’ from the green button menu in DCS, and then select ‘invite new participant’ typing in the individuals full CJSM email address, and selecting their role ‘defence advocate’.
The same process will be followed for inviting in ‘chambers clerk(s) using their full CJSM email address.